This Sunday April 24th at 6:42 PM through Monday April 25th at 11:59 PM is Notre Dame Day! This is a large fundraising event for the University that they’ve been having for the last several years. During this time there will be a live broadcast from all over campus (including DPAC!) to celebrate and raise money. ND Day is exciting for us because some of the money is raised to support artistic and academic programming at the Center!
When people put in their donations, they get votes and can allocate their votes to whatever area of interest they choose. One of the most important “Areas of Interest” is, of course, the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center! The more votes an Area of Interest gets, the more percentage of money from the $1,000,000 ND Day collection goes to that area.
The donation site is open currently (you don’t have to wait until Sunday!) and if you are interested in giving to the University please check out the website at:
More importantly, if you’re interested in helping the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center raise money, we’ll cut out the middle man and you can go to:
You’ll see many names of our staff listed, as we’ve given $10.00 to each get 5 votes (and of course used all 5 votes for DeBartolo!). $10.00 is the minimum donation and it gets you 5 votes to use. (Tip- If you donate more money, you won’t get many more votes, so $10 is the ideal amount.)
I’ll give you some pointers on how to donate, as this site isn’t the most user-friendly.
When you go to the DeBartolo page (or the page of whatever Area of Interest you choose) and want to donate, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click: “Donate Now”
Now that page brings you to a page where you can enter your payment information. After doing so you again click at the bottom: “Donate Now”
It gets a little confusing from here on because the way to donate has been changed since the DPAC staff made our donations earlier this week. I think the site probably got some complaints and made helpful changes. So please don’t quote me on any of these steps but it should help you get through the process.
It may ask you to choose your “Areas of Interest”. The Areas of Interest are all in alphabetical order, but there are hundreds of Areas of Interest! So, for example, to pick DeBartolo (of course if you choose that as your Area of Interest, don’t mean to twist your arm!):
- Type “DEBARTOLO” in the “Search” window that is next to “Areas of Interest”.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and “DeBartolo Performing Arts Center” will come up.
- In that box click “Give & Vote” or whatever it says to get you to the voting page.
Now should be the time to enter your 5 votes
- You use the “+” button to add your 5 votes to DeBartolo (if you’re going to vote for us, of course).
- If you want to spread votes around it will give you the option to choose other Areas of Interest as well.
- When done putting in your votes you can click the button at the bottom of the window and that puts your votes through. (Note- DON’T click the button that asks if you want your votes sent to random Areas of Interest, unless of course that’s what you want to do).
Now please don’t feel obligated to do this because we all know that you give so much of your time and energy to us and the University already, but any help will always be appreciated! There you go! Thanks!